First Tortoise

daniellenc

Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
And eventually once full grown and 8x4 enclosure will be necessary. How big is he now?

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
If I were to ever catch some knucklehead feeding a tort iceberg lettuce in a PET store we would have words. (I REALLY had to water that last part down)

Also, returning a tort after finding out you aren't prepared yet may suck, but it shows that when you are prepared that you are ready to own one. I have seen more than one person here ignore the advice and keep them in poor conditions.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
If you are absolutely certain that you can’t give it the correct enclosure, I would rehome it to someone here. It would guarantee that it goes to a good home, and heck, you might even get updates on it and such! You could even try asking for money for it so that you get some back, but that’s up to you. Just be sure that whoever you give it to knows what they’re doing, and that they’re not just a new member who joined and is trying to make a quick buck.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
If you are absolutely certain that you can’t give it the correct enclosure, I would rehome it to someone here. It would guarantee that it goes to a good home, and heck, you might even get updates on it and such! You could even try asking for money for it so that you get some back, but that’s up to you. Just be sure that whoever you give it to knows what they’re doing, and that they’re not just a new member who joined and is trying to make a quick buck.

I might entertain that idea if it were female, and although he has used the word "his" twice, I see "it" more. I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't the sex he thinks. We need photos of the tort and with the tail visible.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I might entertain that idea if it were female, and although he has used the word "his" twice, I see "it" more. I have a sneaking suspicion it isn't the sex he thinks. We need photos of the tort and with the tail visible.

Was that comment directed towards me? Sorry, I’m just a bit confused as to what you mean, lol

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
It was, I began by saying I would entertain your (re-homing) idea. But we need photos to even give advice, much less talk re-homing.

Oh, I agree, it would be nice to see pictures of the tortoise. However, I was referring to post 19, and that if they MUST rehome, that was an option :)