First two eggs of 2015...

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Ive a feeling my tortoise has seen the Roald Dahl Esio Trot trailer on tv and has decided that is the roll for me since ive just found another 2 eggs from her! No wonder she's eating cuttle bone like its about to go out of fashion!! Surely there can't be many more left to come out, this is 8 in total now!! :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Ive a feeling my tortoise has seen the Roald Dahl Esio Trot trailer on tv and has decided that is the roll for me since ive just found another 2 eggs from her! No wonder she's eating cuttle bone like its about to go out of fashion!! Surely there can't be many more left to come out, this is 8 in total now!! :)
WOW!!! Congratulations!!!!:)

katfinlou

5 Year Member
Im beginning to think she's just leaving them as little gifts for me now lol. I have no idea where she could have kept them all, she doesn't seem big enough to have had 8 eggs hidden inside her. Surely there can't be any more left bless her. She's eating like a horse, devouring cuttle fish and generally seems really bright and perky after her recent down/not eating spell. It's fantastic to see her so much happier :)

puffy137

Im beginning to think she's just leaving them as little gifts for me now lol. I have no idea where she could have kept them all, she doesn't seem big enough to have had 8 eggs hidden inside her. Surely there can't be any more left bless her. She's eating like a horse, devouring cuttle fish and generally seems really bright and perky after her recent down/not eating spell. It's fantastic to see her so much happier :)
Congratulations , it must be harder to get tortoises to breed in the UK , so bravo to you , & good luck to your babies . Happy New Year.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
I've think I've read here that torts and turtles often seem to feel bad and go off their food just prior to laying. I imagine it must feel like us in late 8th month pregnancy with twins: ready to be DONE!!! :p :p :p

katfinlou

5 Year Member
She must have been full right up to the throat with 8 eggs so it's little wonder she couldn't eat. Of course now she's making up for lost time and is eating MY body weight in leaves lol :)

puffy137

I don't remember going off my food prior to laying , but as soon as I delivered & could have eaten a horse or 2 , I felt so empty . :D:D:D