First vet visit

Tortloverr

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia, USA
George has his first vet visit tomorrow and I am just curious if there's anything I should know first. Should I be expecting any shots (I think he'd be too small right now but maybe in the future)? Do I need to bring anything besides George? Is there anything in particular I need to ask or look for?

Nicole M

5 Year Member
George has his first vet visit tomorrow and I am just curious if there's anything I should know first. Should I be expecting any shots (I think he'd be too small right now but maybe in the future)? Do I need to bring anything besides George? Is there anything in particular I need to ask or look for?
Maybe bring a fresh poop and ask for a fecal! Just to be sure your little guy is parasite free, which they could otherwise know from the exam itself. If it's just a normal new pet/wellness exam, the they'll likely weigh your tortoise, check heart rate, listen to breathing, and do lots of poking/prodding/examining... No shots or anything.

Good luck at the vet with your little buddy!

Kasia

Poland
Poop:) bring poop:) no vitamin shots should be administered. At least a good vet will not give any ' just in case':)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
under no circumstances no matter what the vet says no vitamin shots.