flashed!! but his tail is swollen

jenimcsanford

Location (City and/or State)
Liverpool, UK
Hi this morning I thought Henry was struggling to go the loo... When I got home tonight I bathed him again and got flashed (first time in 7yrs) but when he put himself away, his tail looks red and swollen.. Is this normal???

His is about 11yrs old and kept indoors!!

puffy137

Hi this morning I thought Henry was struggling to go the loo... When I got home tonight I bathed him again and got flashed (first time in 7yrs) but when he put himself away, his tail looks red and swollen.. Is this normal???

His is about 11yrs old and kept indoors!!
Maybe his days of blessed bachelorhood are coming to an end .The poor bloke needs a wife. !

jenimcsanford

Liverpool, UK
It looks worse this morning (sorry fell asleep yesterday)... I think he needs to see the vet!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150428_071357850.jpg
    IMG_20150428_071357850.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58

jenimcsanford

Liverpool, UK
I took all the substrate out this morning and put kitchen roll down (much to Henry's disgust)... It looks like he is going the toilet fine buy his tail is still swollen, he is able to tuck it in ok.. Am I just panicking or should I take him the vet??.. He ate is dinner no problem!!

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Not sure where everyone is. I would give him a nice long soak, and keep an eye on it. If it becomes more of a problem or doesn't get better, I would take him to the vet.

jenimcsanford

Liverpool, UK
Thanks Jodie, I will keep giving him long baths (in his ice cream tub) and keep the box clear of substrate.. I am going to get some coco coir tomorrow see if that is better for him!!.. If it doesn't improve in the next day or so I will get him looked at... He never gets ill so this is a first for me!!!