Florida. First week with 4 month old sulcata

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
My point is, that there is extremely misleading information on this subject on line and in this forum. Do not think that you know everything, you don’t. Definitely don’t think you are good at communicating with people. As an instructor it is obvious that communication skills are very lacking.

There is misleading info. And that’s why we try to lead people to the correct info.

We know that we do not know everything, and we know we never will. Tortoise Care is constantly changing and evolving, so we do our best to experiment and observe to find the best care techniques and pass it on to others. We try to stay as updated as possible so that people can continue to learn and care for their tortoises properly. Whether or not they choose to listen is up to them.

Where has there been a point where our communication skills are lacking? And where have we tried to seem like they’re great? Everyone in this thread has done nothing but try to help. Why are you getting so defensive?

We truly do want to help your tortoise, but you aren’t exactly making it easy.

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
My point is, that there is extremely misleading information on this subject on line and in this forum. Do not think that you know everything, you don’t. Definitely don’t think you are good at communicating with people. As an instructor it is obvious that communication skills are very lacking.
You are literally in the best place and talking to the best people for tortoise care. I dont even google information anymore, because every site gives contradicting and inaccurate information. I come straight here for answers. These guys know that they dont know -everything-, but they know more ACCURATE facts than any other site you'll find. And they most definitely know how to communicate. How long have you owned a tortoise? Ever go to their natural habitat to study them? Breed them? I would guess not. People here have. So I would recommend not treating the people trying to help your tortoise like crap. They are telling you what you need to improve so that your tortoise will thrive because they want to see EVERY tortoise brought up happy and healthy.