florida keepers take note!!

mastershake

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
They are trying to sneak it in. And have been for many years. Probably most people haven't even seen it and unless they keep reptiles or exotics they wouldn't even look or try.to stop it. Also the news usually concentrates their efforts on telling stories about ferocious animal attacks and teaches the general public to be fearful. Therefore the public probably thinks it's a good idea. They think they are protecting all those dumb people from getting salmonella or ate by something. And they think they are protecting all the born free animals that have no habitat but they'll be ok if we just let them be. Ok rant over
yup when they couldnt get the lacy act passed they tired to sneak it into the competes act. then when they couldnt get the competes act passed now they are sticking it into the innovations act. they will most likely sadly get it passed at some point. they will just eventually stick it into anything they can pass.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
yup when they couldnt get the lacy act passed they tired to sneak it into the competes act. then when they couldnt get the competes act passed now they are sticking it into the innovations act. they will most likely sadly get it passed at some point. they will just eventually stick it into anything they can pass.
I googled the lacy act and they could conceivably out law my house rabbit if my city passes a city ordinance let alone my little Russian. I would have to be dead for either one of them to be outside loose with out my knowledge . Our cat would be screaming for help if he accidentally got out 🤣 yes it's best to contact first a congressman at this point. My understanding is that's where it is right now. If it passes there then it has to get passed by the Senate by December 2022.

mb1212

Bakersfield
MANY species are now being considered to go on the banned list coming up. this is insane. sulcata are def one im hearing being spoken about, this might affect everything from geckos, bearded dragon, all species of torts etc. this is very dangerous for us as keepers!

please let you state representatives know how you feel asap. im guessing these WILL pass they are pushing it heavily here now. and its not good.

Good lord what bad actions come with these species. None. Did not know there was a LIST.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Is there a petition we can sign?
I'm in the UK but will gladly sign or even email Mr Biden if someone can bullet point what I need to include in addition to my anger about the injustice of this.