Food

brendaed

Hi everyone. Having a problem with food. Shelley used to eat a whole variety of foods and I have spent a lot of time chopping grass up trying to get that into her diet.. Now she will nothing but grass! In her outdoor enclosure is grass, clover, dandelion and hibiscus.. But she just mows down the grass. Indoor I am still offering all her old favs but mixed with cut grass clippingsImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433748013.934694.jpg from the greenhouse. She eats around everything and shovels grass in with her feet! It's like she is addicted lol. Surely she needs a better variety!??

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
They do like to pick their favorites out, since hers is good for her I would still give her the variety including grass. Do you use any multi vitamines?

brendaed

I use Nutrobal and calci-dust alternate days.. Put some cactus on top of her grass.. She picked it up and thew it out of the way

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Not a normal problem. You could cut the food up really small, so she can't pick out the grass. I am not sure I would worry about it too much.

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I may cut down a little on the calcium dust he may not like it aslong as you have cuttle bone should be fine with a little less dusting