For Clyde

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice.
You do know fruit shouldn't be fed right?
But, If you want to feed it, I would give Clyde half that size if I were you. Only not often, like once a month.

Danajmc

Ireland
Thanks for the advice and concern.. it was only a treat.. to see if he would eat some.. I took some off the top and had a lil nibble.. I'll be getting rid of it soon anyway... it nearly bath time 🥰🥰

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Cute!🥰 I’d be careful about the gravel, I’d personally consider removing it because some of those pieces look small enough to swallow😬

Danajmc

Ireland
Yes I has a towel down on it.. it's a sand and gravel mix.. that's why the stones are are going there but I ran out of them so I have some more.. he won't get to..

It's only so he can go out if it's sunny while dig uo the garden for a permanent outdoor enclosure for him, for next summer..

Danajmc

Ireland
20240719_171206.jpg
20240719_155601.jpg
Goung to make this 4 x 8.. have dig to get rid of rubbish and the sand gravel mix..

Dad took the topsoil off years ago and tried to build up on it for the dogs..

But like most trades men, he neglected it for other people's gardens 🙄

Going to put down chicken wire, fill in the hole with topsoil, sterilised, and grow stuff in there for him..

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Yeah I’d try to get rid of that sand mix and it can be an irritant/impaction risk, but dint worry if the natural soil in your yard is like that, cannot be helped

I wouldn’t use a store brought top soil, unless you’ve safely composted something yourself, there’s no way to know if potentially a toxic plant has gone into it. I’d personally opt to use the natural soil you have in your yard if you can🙂