For tom

SoWrecked

Location (City and/or State)
ozark
20220213_202710.jpg
8x3.5x3.5 russian tortoise hes about 5 inchs long weighs 540 grams, will be 3 in july, substrate is damp underneath, one hide i tried to make the hide taller to keep him from trying to climb it, i had a reptile log people use he did the same to it, waterbowel is being cleaned right now. Hot temp is 110 where the basking light is its a megaray 160w in the middle is another heat but i havent had to use it the last light far right isnt for heat. Temps range from 110 in bask - 90 around it in other areas. Where his hide is its 80's and very end low 70's.

SoWrecked

ozark
View attachment 340547
8x3.5x3.5 russian tortoise hes about 5 inchs long weighs 540 grams, will be 3 in july, substrate is damp underneath, one hide i tried to make the hide taller to keep him from trying to climb it, i had a reptile log people use he did the same to it, waterbowel is being cleaned right now. Hot temp is 110 where the basking light is its a megaray 160w in the middle is another heat but i havent had to use it the last light far right it for heat. Temps range from 110 in bask
20220213_202721.jpg

Attachments

• 20220213_202716.jpg
    20220213_202716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I love this enclosure!

Needs more hides, logs, rocks, potted plants, and sight barriers. I think it looks to empty and barren to your tortoise.

I don't recommend MVBs. They have all sorts of problems. 160 watts is a lot of heat in a closed chamber like this, and MVBs are just not reliable. I'd switch to a regular incandescent flood bulb, and get an Arcadia 12% HO tube for UV.

SoWrecked

ozark
I have a 46 inch uvb tube that cant be seen forgot to mention that, i have another heat bulb i can use, i just put him in it about a week ago and plan on adding more plants and other things for him, whats your thoughts on what i can currently do to lower my risk of him flipping trying to climb while im at work? @Tom

SoWrecked

ozark
I have a 46 inch uvb tube that cant be seen forgot to mention that, i have another heat bulb i can use, i just put him in it about a week ago and plan on adding more plants and other things for him, whats your thoughts on what i can currently do to lower my risk of him flipping trying to climb while im at work? @Tom
He tries to climb that wooden hide i made it taller and he still tried

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Add more stuff. It feels open and barren. If there is more stuff to hide behind, he will probably stop trying to climb that hide. Add more hides and he'll have a place to retreat to.

SoWrecked

ozark
Ive added some flat rocks bushier fake plants and turned his hide he kept climbing into a ramp for him to climb over, anyway to make it better or did i do good at making some sight barriers or what could i do better? @Tom

Attachments

• 20220217_022326.jpg
    20220217_022326.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 20220217_022319.jpg
    20220217_022319.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ive added some flat rocks bushier fake plants and turned his hide he kept climbing into a ramp for him to climb over, anyway to make it better or did i do good at making some sight barriers or what could i do better? @Tom
That is looking better. If those are plastic plants, be careful he doesn't eat them. Mine always try.