Fortaz Antibiotics for RI

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
I’m definitely going to try it! The vets gave me a critical feed to give him through a syringe upto 3 times a day! But trying to get him to open his mouth and get a little syringe in is absolutely impossible😂 so we’ve just had to give that one a miss!
lol they’re VERY stubborn creatures🥲
I’ve never had to personally try convincing a tortoise to open their mouth but maybe there’s some tips and tricks the more experienced members can give you🙂

Shannon99

Wigan
lol they’re VERY stubborn creatures🥲
I’ve never had to personally try convincing a tortoise to open their mouth but maybe there’s some tips and tricks the more experienced members can give you🙂
Yeah the vet said it was a 2 man job but we have had no luck! I’m going to ask them tomorrow to see if they can give it to him there tomorrow 😂

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Yeah the vet said it was a 2 man job but we have had no luck! I’m going to ask them tomorrow to see if they can give it to him there tomorrow 😂
That’s fair enough, I remember our vet getting ours to open up to check inside her mouth so quickly! So there definitely must be a knack to it.. I don’t envy you for having to try! They can be grumpy little fellows in the cutest way😂

Shannon99

Wigan
Just a little update we are half way through our antibiotic treatment for RI and things are finally starting to pick up I’ve been out for a couple of hours and been watching on the camera Sheldon has made the water bowl a mud bath eaten all his food and been mooching round most of the day climbing and getting abit too adventurous so hopefully we are on the up now 😂🤞🏽 just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your advice and tips x

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Just a little update we are half way through our antibiotic treatment for RI and things are finally starting to pick up I’ve been out for a couple of hours and been watching on the camera Sheldon has made the water bowl a mud bath eaten all his food and been mooching round most of the day climbing and getting abit too adventurous so hopefully we are on the up now 😂🤞🏽 just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your advice and tips x
This is FANTASTIC news!! Go Sheldon!🥳🎉

I’m so glad to hear things are getting better! Hope to see you stick around on the forum and update us on Sheldon’s life adventures🥰
And as always, any further queries, we’re always here😊

Shannon99

Wigan
This is FANTASTIC news!! Go Sheldon!🥳🎉

I’m so glad to hear things are getting better! Hope to see you stick around on the forum and update us on Sheldon’s life adventures🥰
And as always, any further queries, we’re always here😊
Aw thank you we are all made up for him!! And absolutely be sticking around you have all been life savers these past few weeks ❤️ xx