Found Charts on Facebook

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I saw a few charts in a FB post that I would like to make into stickies (pinned) for our Forum, but I don't know where the charts came from and haven't heard back from the person who posted them. I don't want to pin them here if they're copyrighted or if they actually belong to another site without getting permission. Does anyone know the legalities of copy/pasting something off facebook? Here's just one of the charts:

Food Guide for Leopard and Sulcata:
food guide.jpg

As you can see, there's no ownership info or copyright info on the chart.

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
I reversed image searched it to see if I could find where it came from, but I didn’t see anywhere specific. I did find one for Russians and hermann’s, thoughIMG_1902.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
These would be great stickies for our forum. I'd love to know where they come from so I can ask permission.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I searched Google for the image and came up with a page with Asian writing. Looks like there's a similar page for marginated, etc. What a good thing it would be to have these on all our species pages.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I have a little more information. They are posted on sulcatatortoiseownersworldwide (STOWW), and they got them from everythingturtles.com. When you look for everythingturtles.com you get the message that that domain name is up for grabs. So, what do you think, folks. Can I legally use them on the Forum?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It looks like they moved EVERYTHINGTURTLES.COM over to a EverythingTurtles.com Facebook page. Id think whoever created the pages should be contacted to get their permission to post on TFO. If in doubt you could still say that upfront in the posting
  • The Following Care Sheets provided via xxxxyyyyz, from EverythingTurtles.com.
Looks like they have a few items that would be good to have cross referenced -

Happy Torting

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Everything turtles is a Facebook page. That's where those images came from I think. They also have some charts like that for substrate.

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
These would be great stickies for our forum. I'd love to know where they come from so I can ask permission.
They allegedly belong to a woman named Noelia Perez on Facebook. She owns and controls all the "World-wide" tortoise and turtle groups on Facebook. Not a nice lady at all and has a bad reputation of removing and blocking members because they say something SHE doesn't agree with (such as feeding a tortoise a piece of fruit, etc). I was "warned" by one of her group Admins because I had recommended to a potential new owner to buy from a breeder instead of a pet store, as the tortoise would be healthier and captive-bred, and they frowned on that. I've since left all her groups and she's blocked on Facebook.

Though she claims ownership of those posters, I've heard from others that she is taking the credit from others who made them. I don't know the whole truth about the posters, but I do personally know that she's got serious control and power issues and believes she is the most knowledgeable expert in all things tortoise. I'd highly recommend avoiding her, and her Facebook groups, completely.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They allegedly belong to a woman named Noelia Perez on Facebook. She owns and controls all the "World-wide" tortoise and turtle groups on Facebook. Not a nice lady at all and has a bad reputation of removing and blocking members because they say something SHE doesn't agree with (such as feeding a tortoise a piece if fruit, etc). I was "warned" by one of her group Admins because I had recommended to a potential new owner to buy from a breeder instead of a pet store, as the tortoise would be healthier and captive-bred, and they frowned on that. I've since left all her groups and she's blocked on Facebook.

Though she claims ownership of those posters, I've heard from others that she is taking the credit from others who made them. I don't know the whole truth about the posters, but I do personally know that she's got serious control and power issues and believes she is the most knowledgeable expert in all things tortoise. I'd highly recommend avoiding her, and her Facebook groups, completely.
Well, heck. I was hoping to get them posted here as stickies, but I want permission in order to avoid controversy (potential law suits???).

Wright78

North Attleboro MA
I was also attacked on a Facebook site for recommending THIS site. A woman messaged me and told me that it wasn't allowed, all the info was to go thru the Facebook page. I messaged her back and said I am more interested in the well being of the tortoise and giving the owner knowledge of absolutely everything she was doing was old information. She was keeping the sulcata tortoise in a small glass aquarium with rabbit pellets for substrate, feeding fruit, red bulbs, and no UVB lighting. Needless to say I was banned, it was my first and last post.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Everything turtles is a Facebook page. That's where those images came from I think. They also have some charts like that for substrate.

Yeah, thats what i meant. But there’s stll someone who “owns” the collaborative content on those various info sheets, and that person needs to say yes or no.

Anyhow, looks like @irishkitty has updated with more info...possibly a moot point now.