(found tortoise)Help!

Korall

Location (City and/or State)
Sweden
Do you have any idea how to care for one while I try to find its owners? We have been feeding her lettuce and pellets, but it is very cold outside now. Should we move her into our garage under a heat lamp?

The two most important thing right now is to keep the tortoise warm and hydrated.

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
Please post on Facebook with pictures, social media is used for so many unification stories. He/she owners are prob heartsick. What area of the country are you? Like city and state? I can search missing tortoise for you if you would like.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Please post on Facebook with pictures, social media is used for so many unification stories. He/she owners are prob heartsick. What area of the country are you? Like city and state? I can search missing tortoise for you if you would like.

It's excellent advice to try to find the tortoise's owner, however, posting pictures of it isn't a good idea. There are too many nefarious people out there that will try to claim the tortoise just to get something free. No, you want the people who respond to I.D. the animal, so don't even say it's a leopard tortoise.

RussianTortsNF

5 Year Member
Buffalo, NY
It's excellent advice to try to find the tortoise's owner, however, posting pictures of it isn't a good idea. There are too many nefarious people out there that will try to claim the tortoise just to get something free. No, you want the people who respond to I.D. the animal, so don't even say it's a leopard tortoise.

Great point. I never even thought of that!! Sad world we live in

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Great point. I never even thought of that!! Sad world we live in
I would make people prove that the tortoise belong to them by showing you a picture of the tortoise. I doubt a single one of us on this forum have tortoises but no pictures of them. Matte tortoise is very distinctive because of how smooth it is for instance here are mine. I didn't raise them so didn't have anything to do with how bumpy they are but most of them have some mild to moderate pyramiding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-05-03-54-04.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-05-03-54-04.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20160404_194510.jpg
    IMG_20160404_194510.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

HobieCat

Shingle Springs California
Good idea:) thanks guys I appreciate it, it has now been three weeks and we didn’t find the owners so we re homed her to a person who takes in sick and injured tortoises and helps them heal so I think she is in good hands now. I just didn’t know what I was really doing and wasn’t ready for the commitment. Again thank you all for your help:)