1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! The 2018 Tortoise Forum Calendar is here! Click here to pre-order! Proceeds go directly to keeping TFO online and FREE for all to use! Thank you for your support!

(found tortoise)Help!

Discussion in 'Lost and Found' started by HobieCat, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Korall

Korall Active Member

The two most important thing right now is to keep the tortoise warm and hydrated.
  2. HobieCat

HobieCat New Member

I don’t know much about tortoises but it sounds like I found a pretty well taken care leopard
  3. RussianTortsNF

RussianTortsNF Member

Please post on Facebook with pictures, social media is used for so many unification stories. He/she owners are prob heartsick. What area of the country are you? Like city and state? I can search missing tortoise for you if you would like.
  4. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

It's excellent advice to try to find the tortoise's owner, however, posting pictures of it isn't a good idea. There are too many nefarious people out there that will try to claim the tortoise just to get something free. No, you want the people who respond to I.D. the animal, so don't even say it's a leopard tortoise.
    RussianTortsNF likes this.
  5. RussianTortsNF

RussianTortsNF Member

Great point. I never even thought of that!! Sad world we live in
  6. teresaf

teresaf Well-Known Member

I would make people prove that the tortoise belong to them by showing you a picture of the tortoise. I doubt a single one of us on this forum have tortoises but no pictures of them. Matte tortoise is very distinctive because of how smooth it is for instance here are mine. I didn't raise them so didn't have anything to do with how bumpy they are but most of them have some mild to moderate pyramiding.

Attached Files:

HobieCat likes this.
  7. HobieCat

HobieCat New Member

Good idea:) thanks guys I appreciate it, it has now been three weeks and we didn’t find the owners so we re homed her to a person who takes in sick and injured tortoises and helps them heal so I think she is in good hands now. I just didn’t know what I was really doing and wasn’t ready for the commitment. Again thank you all for your help:)