Found tortoise ID help

Tell Serra

Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Hi! Thanks in advance.

My aunt brought over a tortoise she found in her yard. We have a sulcata already and she assumed we could just keep them together. After looking at the tortoise it became obvious that wouldn’t work.

I would greatly appreciate any help identifying this one. I’m attaching pictures.

Thanks again!

047CAA4F-5A2D-4799-91A7-7AFBED5448F0.jpegCA0038E4-116F-47B2-8ACE-E6B236F83C7A.jpegB73F1914-508B-45FA-A133-986918EA3C0E.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks like a Russian.
No it not only can't live with your sulcata but no tortoise should be kept in pairs.
Have your Aunt post lost signs in her area,its someone's lost pet unless you live where they are native.
They are escape artist and I'm sure someone is looking for it. Also call local shelters and veterinary clinics to see if anyone posted about a lost tortoise. Check Craigslist too.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Post on NextDoor.com in the Pets - Found Section. State that you found a tortoise (using the vicinity of where your aunt lives), however, do not say that it is a Russian Tortoise. When a person contacts you have them describe their missing tortoise or show you a picture as you want to be sure that it is truly the owner.