Please help ID

Donatella's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area - California
Hello! Can anyone please help me figure out what type of Testudo tortoise this one is? Or if she even is a Testudo tortoise? We got her from a pet store and they said she is a girl, about 1 yr old and that she is a Testudo tortoise. But when I google'd "testudo", different types came up. We have named her Donatella (not sure if she really is a girl either) and she's about 4x5 inches. I just want to make sure I care for her properly and if I'll be needing a bigger backyard :) Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20160605_144450.pdf
    603.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20160625_100950.pdf
    736.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20160625_100930.pdf
    642.3 KB · Views: 5

Rue

Canada
Looks much older than a year too
..not that that makes much of a difference!

Congrats!!! A tortoise is a pet for life!!! :)

CathyNed

5 Year Member
Mayo, Ireland
Yep its a Russian Horsfield tort and its a male about the size as mine who is supposedly almost 30years old.

Rue

Canada
Unless they are very young, it's impossible to tell. But I would guess on the older side and not the younger side. If you need a number, you can pick one...I'd pick one between 5-10 years.

Or just pick the date you got him as his Anniversary date...that will track how long you've had him.

Anyone else have a better guess?

Donatella's Mom

Bay Area - California
Unless they are very young, it's impossible to tell. But I would guess on the older side and not the younger side. If you need a number, you can pick one...I'd pick one between 5-10 years.

Or just pick the date you got him as his Anniversary date...that will track how long you've had him.

Anyone else have a better guess?
will do! thanks again :)