Found Tortoise! Newbie Here!

ndawson

11541036_10205403983951950_448515670550299052_n.jpg

A Neighbor found this Tortoise in the school parking lot and didn't know what to do with it so I took it home with me. I'm so excited, but after reading on this forum for about an hour I'm also a little nervous I'm going to screw this up!

I live in AZ so I'm thinking i need to keep him inside mostly because of the 115 degree weather. I would love to see some other's inside enclosures. I'm looking for something simple that I can set up ASAP.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Aw, it's just an itty bitty baby. It looks like it may have hatched about a month or two ago. It's a sulcata, originally from Africa (well, the species, not this little baby) and they get pretty darned big!

We have some VERY good info for you to read. Go to the Sulcata section on the forum and read all the threads that are pinned at the top of that section.

Welcome to the Forum!

That baby is very lucky you found him.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, duh! ***Yvonne slaps herself on the forehead*** You've posted in the Sulcata section, so you obviously know what you've got. Sorry. I should pay better attention.

ndawson

Well, duh! ***Yvonne slaps herself on the forehead*** You've posted in the Sulcata section, so you obviously know what you've got. Sorry. I should pay better attention.

I wasn't totally sure Yvonne G I was just told Sulcatta and kinda went with it. :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Please read Toms threads below in my post for some great housing info.

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Wonderful this HTML class. Value is http://www.tortoisef hope this works that is the care sheet for a sulcata. Hope you love him. He will be 150 pounds tommrow. Lol. Get ready, he's going to be fun. Welcome to the African s tortoise world. Have fun

Alaskamike

South Florida
What a little doll !
I think sometimes sulcata lay eggs and the owners are not aware. They hatch out in a yard and crawl through the fence.
Finding a baby walking in the street , a driveway or parking lot seems to happen often. Especially in the Southern States.
Very few would make it to adaulthood without help.

Good you found the little fella. Hope the info on the forum helps.
Welcome.