Franklin's new digs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leebug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Just redid the flooring of Franklins home...
He is walking around much better so I added more for him to crawl around on other than the indoor/outdoor carpet he had~ and a few new fun stuff too :)

nomorehairforchica024.jpg

nomorehairforchica031.jpg

nomorehairforchica043.jpg

nomorehairforchica038.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It really does look like he's able to use his back legs better. In the very first pictures they were always splayed out, but in these he has pulled them in and seems to be using them better. He's coming along a lot faster than I thought he would. Cute little tortoise. I'm so glad you got him.

Leebug

5 Year Member
Arizona
yes:) He's using his legs quite a bit now~ a little TLC can go a long way, I think. I've worked w/ him a lot, helping him to actually get use out of his pushes... I've done some "tortoise physical therapy" and massage his lil legs when he's soaking sometimes. He gets around~ but they still kind of just hang out behind him though...

thanks, I've been looking for just the right little buddy for him :)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Leebug said:
yes:) He's using his legs quite a bit now~ a little TLC can go a long way, I think. I've worked w/ him a lot, helping him to actually get use out of his pushes... I've done some "tortoise physical therapy" and massage his lil legs when he's soaking sometimes. He gets around~ but they still kind of just hang out behind him though...

thanks, I've been looking for just the right little buddy for him :)

Lucky Franklin, great job!

Paige Lewis

5 Year Member
Swansea, UK
His enclosure looks great and Franklin is such a little cutie to. It is great to hear he is doing better, he is lucky to have you!

LindaF

5 Year Member
Nice enclosure! Glad he is doing better. Your right about a little TLC goes a long way.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Very cute enclosure from the human eye appeal, with both his buds (the snail and tortoise). From the tortoise side of things, especially with his "handicap" I like all the various types of substrate, things to climb on and around. He is really coming right along. Great job!

Leebug

5 Year Member
Arizona
I feel lucky to have him, we have a lot in common! I have arthritis really bad, so I know all about bad bones.
But I think he really likes it! He has 3 spots to hide out in & usually sticks to the same one for a few weeks before moving on to the next. So far, since I've changed it, he's checked out each spot~ burried himself in the moss and grass~ then onto the beach gravel & now has himself burrowed deep in the coconut and grass in the big hide-out~ all in just about 24 hours :)
He really is walking around a lot better, I'll work on getting a video up in the next few days. I'm pretty sure he'll stay put til tomorrow~ including being outside for an hour earlier, he's really gotten around today...
TLC & SUNSHINE can do wonders for a sick little tort ;)

shidiwen

5 Year Member
Beijing - China
this seems to be a brand new thread but none of the pictures display. am i doing something wrong here or do uploaded images expire / stop to display within minutes on here?

wondered about this many times already - thanks for your help :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
shidiwen said:
this seems to be a brand new thread but none of the pictures display. am i doing something wrong here or do uploaded images expire / stop to display within minutes on here?

wondered about this many times already - thanks for your help :)

Are the pictures still not working for you, because they still come thru just fine for me. There is no time limit on the pictures, they only go away if the poster deletes them or if they perhaps move things around in the place the pictures come from (like photobucket). If your still having problems, then get a hold of Josh and see if he knows why it might be happening to you.

shidiwen

5 Year Member
Beijing - China
Are the pictures still not working for you, because they still come thru just fine for me. There is no time limit on the pictures, they only go away if the poster deletes them or if they perhaps move things around in the place the pictures come from (like photobucket). If your still having problems, then get a hold of Josh and see if he knows why it might be happening to you.

thanks - i figured it out meanwhile:

some of the users use online photo sharing platforms for their images (eg photobucket). most of those are censored here in china, so the pic's won't display. for a weird reason they still don't display when i surf the forum through a vpn/proxy connection, which usually bypasses all the censorship.

anyway i am sure it's not the forum's problem - thanks a lot! :)

steve (in beijing, china)

Status
Not open for further replies.