Franky and I are new here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston Area, Texas
After two long years of dreaming and research, I finally purchased my baby Sulcata (Franky) on July 25th. He is 18 weeks old, 1/3 pound and 3 1/2" long. His first vet visit went well, and he's already a huge part of our family! He does have some slight pyramiding, but the vet says that as long as we care for him correctly, he should be just fine. It's pretty dang hot in Texas right now, so he likes to push pieces of ice around. I've attached a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 36

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi RuthieHurry:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

What part of Texas do you hail from?

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Howdy and welcome from Georgetown. Are you anywhere close? We have had 20 days of consecutive 100 plus temps. It was 108 yesterday.... 97 last night at 11. Will we ever get any rain? Glad to see you on the forum.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Aww, Franky is adorable! He will love being outside in the sun :) He is the same age as my Boulder! Welcome to TFO!

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
emysemys said:
Hi RuthieHurry:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name?

What part of Texas do you hail from?

My name is Ruthie Hurry, and I live in a small town not too far outside of Houston.[/b]

I've posted pictures and information about his tortoise table in the appropriate thread. I hope y'all will look at it and tell me what you think. Any useful advice will be considered.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome To TFO, And Yes The Sulcata Is very Young, With A Great Varied Diet, Lots Of Natural Sun and Baths, You Can Turn This Around Very Quickly
:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome
Enjoy your visits

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. The books and the old internet websites are wrong about keeping sulcatas hot and dry. They need humidity and hydration. His pyramiding is mild and you can turn it around fairly easily. He looks like a healthy boy. Nice choice.
Here's how I like to keep them:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1U02wxYoa

Here's some light reading for you on the subject too...
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-The-End-Of-Pyramiding#axzz1U02wxYoa

RuthieHurry

5 Year Member
Houston Area, Texas
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. The books and the old internet websites are wrong about keeping sulcatas hot and dry. They need humidity and hydration. His pyramiding is mild and you can turn it around fairly easily. He looks like a healthy boy. Nice choice.
Here's how I like to keep them:
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1U02wxYoa

Here's some light reading for you on the subject too...
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-The-End-Of-Pyramiding#axzz1U02wxYoa

Thanks, Tom! I've actually read both of those threads several times! LOL! As a matter of fact, I read the first one AGAIN earlier today. I have looked at the research on humidity levels and pyramiding, and definately agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.