Free Russian tortoise needs home St. George, Utah. (2 hrs out of Vegas)

GailR.

Location (City and/or State)
St. George
My Russian needs a Forever Home. I have had a Russian tortoise for about a year (I suspect he is a male based on some behavior, also suspect that he is wild caught). I know he is at least 4 years old and I rescued him from a bad situation where he was not being taken care of 1 year ago. I work a LOT, my kids are getting older and are not as interested in the cute little guy (or girl?). I have been reluctant to give him away because I do get worried that someone will not take care of him well and want him to have a good long life! He is healthy and eats great and I have a lamp, log, temp. sensor, food dish etc (and aquarium, I know, not ideal, but best I could do with 2 dogs). As full disclosure, he does hiss occasionally if he gets surprised when I am cleaning something in his cage, but also at times can march right towards me with a friendly demeanor (looks around for me after work every day until he gets fed) when he is hungry. I was hoping someone on this site (You all obviously love your Russians!) and I love this little guy whose name is Tot (Tator Tot). Gail

GailR.

St. George
I rescued this guy about 1 year ago, as was not being cared for (though I knew nothing about tortoise, I got attached and wanted to make sure someone would really take care of him). He has thrived since I rescued him and is healthy, I believe wild caught, I think mal, at least 4 years old, and very cute.

GailR.

St. George
I am looking to find a forever home for a Russian I rescued 1 yr ago (he had been neglected). He is healthy, he is in (LARGE) aquarium (best I could do with the 2 dogs I have), with lights, log, cave. I know he is at least 4 years old, and eats great!. I can send video, pics if someone is interested-I just don’t want him to end up neglected like his prior home, so I was hoping for a tortoise lover and the people on this site have impressed me with their love and care!

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
It's really great that you rescued him and are looking for a good home. I actually recommend asking a re-homing fee because there are opportunistic folks out there who just look for the free ones to turn around and sell them without a care about where they wind up. If you give him for free do so to a long time member here or really try to find something out about the person. Adult Russians often go for $100-$150 (more if he comes with any equipment/enclosure). Good luck!

GailR.

St. George
Thank you LaLaP, I agree, and that is why I have hung onto him for so long, because I am concerned about that..would maybe be helpful if other (longtime) members can be references to those we are giving them to to know they are legitimate

Gena16

St George UT
My Russian needs a Forever Home. I have had a Russian tortoise for about a year (I suspect he is a male based on some behavior, also suspect that he is wild caught). I know he is at least 4 years old and I rescued him from a bad situation where he was not being taken care of 1 year ago. I work a LOT, my kids are getting older and are not as interested in the cute little guy (or girl?). I have been reluctant to give him away because I do get worried that someone will not take care of him well and want him to have a good long life! He is healthy and eats great and I have a lamp, log, temp. sensor, food dish etc (and aquarium, I know, not ideal, but best I could do with 2 dogs). As full disclosure, he does hiss occasionally if he gets surprised when I am cleaning something in his cage, but also at times can march right towards me with a friendly demeanor (looks around for me after work every day until he gets fed) when he is hungry. I was hoping someone on this site (You all obviously love your Russians!) and I love this little guy whose name is Tot (Tator Tot). Gail

I very interested if you're still selling the little guy.

Emerald

Greeneville TN