Fun Homecoming!!

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
So I just came home from an 11month deployment to the Middle East. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about my female RTs being skittish around me. So I stepped into the females' outdoor enclosure and said, "Where's my girls!" I immediately saw three little heads pop out of burrows followed by the scurrying of my girls as fast as their little legs would carry them to greet me and stick their necks out for a rub and head scratch. Felt a lot of love. Who says reptiles don't show affection!!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
So I just came home from an 11month deployment to the Middle East. I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about my female RTs being skittish around me. So I stepped into the females' outdoor enclosure and said, "Where's my girls!" I immediately saw three little heads pop out of burrows followed by the scurrying of my girls as fast as their little legs would carry them to greet me and stick their necks out for a rub and head scratch. Felt a lot of love. Who says reptiles don't show affection!!
Awwww!!! What a sweet story! Welcome home!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area