Fungus circles on plastron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROSE

5 Year Member
IMG_0995.jpgIMG_0997.jpg:tort: Hello i am a new at spotting illness with my Testudo Ibera baby, 4 months old. I noticed Circles on her plastron that resembled water marks, and very few on the carapace. Please look at the pictures and tell me what you think. I have never seen this before until last week. Please help :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Totally normal. They are most visible after a soak. We've had threads on them before, but no one seems to know exactly what they are.

BROSE

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Totally normal. They are most visible after a soak. We've had threads on them before, but no one seems to know exactly what they are.

Hi Tom,Thank you for reply. I am feeling a bit confused since i read a thread on the forum about treating this unusual condition with Betadine and chlorhexidine also anti-fungal cream, that all sounds pretty drastic. Have any of your Torts had this type of design on them? Also does it go away on its own? I cannot figure out where it came from because he is basically a dry land Tort so his home is dry with h2o in it and he gets soaks 4times a week, and a few time a week i spray the substrate with h2o ( not soaked ) and the heat lamp dries it up soon.Do u think it's ok to soak him like i have been doing? He gets calcium with D3 but i have not found a vitamin yet, do you have a recommendation? Also i thought the substrate may be the cause, it is a combination of organic top soil,reptile and Cyprus. I was thinking of changing it to Coco Coir or fiber? It can be pretty confusing out there when there are so many different ways to go.

Thanks Again
BRose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.