Gardening thread

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai/New York
Here's a plant in the yard from the Chlorophytum species (has about 50 species), not much to go on until it flowers (spider plant maybe?). It grows in Africa so I'll look for it at a few plant market after traveling :)
Here's a pic:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1406634910.050334.jpg
:D
Plant identification is done with the iPhone/iPad app "Garden Compass"!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
So I'm thinking of importing seeds, now I have to figure out how all the legal stuff :)

Prairie Mom

@AbdullaAli !!! I just randomly came across this thread when I was looking up some plants!!! I wish I had seen this earlier! Maybe we could have combined forces like Gardening Superheroes:D I'm surprised you never mentioned it! It's beautiful! It's fabulous! I love your photos and it's so fun to read!!! If you don't mind I'm going to show it off and post a link to it in the garden thread I started. I think you're awesome.

tortoiseowner101

5 Year Member
Abu Dhabi ,UAE
I'm also thinking of getting hibiscus seeds, is that possible to grow in our desert weather? I can also buy the leaves at the supermarket, so it's not a big deal!
Well,
They have pesticide free hibiscus plants in dubai.

The Pet Shop/Creatures Oasis
Jumeira 1
04-3434534

Good prices as well
I got this for 39dhs. It bloomed 4 times and had so much leaves. But I frequently feed my torts hibiscus so it has less leaves now.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1421324801.649067.jpg