Georges new upgraded table

Helen Clarke

Hi, my name is Helen. I've just become an owner of a 5 yr old horsefield tortoise, rescued from Glasgow, his old tank was horrible, no heat lamp or uv, in a glass tank with 3 lettuce leafs. His previous owner had no idea. I'm trying to build him back up. This is his new upgraded table that my husband built, the only thing left to put on the table is his uv light. What do you think? Any advice or tips please, thank you.

20160625_151848.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole M

5 Year Member
What are the dimensions? Your temps and humidity? Does the tort have any hiding places? What kind of substrate are you using, and does the little guy have a water dish?

Good on you for trying to do right by this sweet creature!

Helen Clarke

Three and half by two and half, he has 2 hiding places and also has 2 water dishes. Substrate is coco husk, tortoise terrain, edible hay and bedding pellets and a hand full of straw. Thank you I'm trying he was in a terrible state, but the vet is quite happy.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Three and half by two and half, he has 2 hiding places and also has 2 water dishes. Substrate is coco husk, tortoise terrain, edible hay and bedding pellets and a hand full of straw. Thank you I'm trying he was in a terrible state, but the vet is quite happy.
Looks nice.

Are you sure on the dimensions? I have an enclosure that is 2.5 by 3.5 and it is much less rectangular than that. Looks more like a square almost. Yours looks long.