Getting Better

ladyvalkyrie

Location (City and/or State)
Fort Sill, Oklahoma
So little Miss Deryn and I are finally settling into the groove of things.

We have our routine- she's outside between 8 and 9 am. Spends all day outside. Comes in between 8 and 9 pm. Gets her bath. Gets put in her sleeping tub.

And we do it all again the next day.

She cuddles now, too. She likes to perch on my left shoulder and look at the house around her. But always with a hand on her shell.

I measured her tonight- she threw a little tantrum about it- but she's about 6 1/4 inches.

Her shell is growing smoothly and her body doesn't "creak" as much when I pick her up and she moves. She likes to explore, but she hasn't grown into the harness (which is for keeping track of her, not actually walking her).

I still sometimes freak her out when giving her a bath or drying her, but it's mostly me learning to be super gentle with her. I grew up with dogs, and my cat was raised by a dog, so learning Deryn is a whole new experience. Thankfully she's (mostly) tolerant and has only projectile peed on me once.

I actually think she's kind of sassy- she always has the best faces for pictures and when I look at her. Maybe that's just Redfoots but she certainly has personality.

Life is good and I feel more confident and like a much better Mom. Thanks for all the help in getting me here, and thank you for all the help y'all will provide me in the future. The Hester household greatly appreciates it.

20140905_204638.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too cute. She does have a great expression. I want to see a pic with this harness:D

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Such a cute picture. It looks like she is posing and smiling for the camera.