Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
As you know, I've come here from the YAHOOgroups mentality. I was pretty proficient surfing around YAHOO, and had a hard time getting used to this format...but LOVING it now!!!

My question is: I turn on the computer two or three times a day, and I thought I was reading all the new posts by clicking on "view new posts" But just now I clicked that link and 7 new posts came up. That didn't seem like very many, so I backed up and clicked on "view today's posts." There are 12 unread posts for today. (I should mention that I usually click "show all posts read" at the end of my session)

Am I wrong in assuming I can read my unread posts by clicking "view new posts?"

Yvonne

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I always view today's posts Yvonne :D Sometime when you refresh or go back it gets rid of the new post icons for threads, even though I know I haven't been on it.
If you do todays posts it gives you the posts for the last 24 hours, no matter what you've looked at. Just makes it much easier. :D

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne the same was happening to me. Not sure why it refreshes the way it does but I just look at todays posts and that way I am sure I catch them all.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, thanks guys. I really REALLY like this forum and the people on it. You're a great group! with extra good information, and usually a kind word for everyone!

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
Im so glad I told you about it and you joined!! I get at least one brownie point for that!!;)

LOL! Oh, go ahead and take two!!

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.