Gila Monsters Sucking Raw Eggs

AZTorts

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
They are really slow eaters. These two are in a licensed wildlife rescue that I used to do volunteer work for. They push up with their front legs to let gravity help them swallow.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man I love Gila Monsters! I've always wanted one . I found one for sale a year or so ago for 1400 $ but was not in my budget.

sageharmon

San Diego
I've always loved Gilas.
There's a local population about 35 miles from my house!
I would live to catch one but they are protected;( oh well

AZTorts

Arizona
Man I love Gila Monsters! I've always wanted one . I found one for sale a year or so ago for 1400 $ but was not in my budget.

Whoa! That's a lot of money. I didn't think they could be sold even.

AZTorts

Arizona
I've always loved Gilas.
There's a local population about 35 miles from my house!
I would live to catch one but they are protected;( oh well

Yes, I believe they are protected. These two are non releasable and have been living in the animal rescue for years.

AZTorts

Arizona
I don't know but it looks like maybe it was the inhabitants of the egg?

Kinda since it was chicken hearts and maybe some liver. Reminds me of that poem...

How incredible is the chicken,
I've often heard it said,
You can eat it before it's born,
You can eat it after it's dead.

Just hopefully it's free range chicken that was humanely treated before it's demise. :(

Turtlepete

South Florida
Awesome. One of the species of lizards on my list, haha. Yeah, they can be sold, the law depends on the state. Being that they are venomous some states require permit's to own/keep them….Even though they rarely actually bite people, or so I hear, thats how the law works. They are protected in their native range so they obviously can't be collected, but they are bred by a couple dedicated hobbyists/breeders, so there is a small availability. Tom Crutchfield breeds quite a few, I believe.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would not buy dog poop from thay d-bag!

AZTorts

Arizona
The Arizona law regarding Gila Monsters...

Jun 30, 2014 1:10 PM by Faye DeHoff

Reminder about possessing Gila Monsters
TUCSON - A reminder from Arizona Game and Fish: it's illegal to possess, without a permit, and sell Gila monsters, which often emerge from their underground dens when the summer monsoon rains begin.

Both offenses are second class misdemeanors, the maximum penalties for which are six months in jail and a $750 fine. Attempting to sell a Gila monster via the Internet is against federal law. The only exception granted for Gila monster possession is a valid permit to use it for educational purposes or to hold as a wildlife rehabilitator.