Going Nuts 🤪

PATBAR

Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Tx
Hi everyone my daughter's tortoise is going nuts this is new and odd behavior, she is running up and down the stairs of the pool until she flipped over, she is standing on her hind legs by the glass and looking me in the face like she wants to talk. she is tearing up the tank. she is making me nervous. she is still eating and drinking. We have had her since Hurricane Harvey; she has never done this before. Like we would forget she was here at least I would. :) My daughter is gone and I'm left tortoise sitting and I don't know what to do with a once quiet pet to a loud and out-of-control one. ( heyyy kind of reminds me of my teenage kids 😂) So are her hormones going crazy or what? Can someone help me? that picture is her in the pool where I caught her climbing over the side of the

Attachments

• shelly 1.JPG
    shelly 1.JPG
    894.6 KB · Views: 1
  • shelly.JPG
    shelly.JPG
    871.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Shelly 3.jpg
    Shelly 3.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 1
  • shelly 4.jpg
    shelly 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • shelly 5.JPG
    shelly 5.JPG
    871.4 KB · Views: 1
  • shelly 6.JPG
    shelly 6.JPG
    894.6 KB · Views: 1

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
You have a 3 toed box turtle not a tortoise. Where did you get it?

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Looks like a Coahuilan box turtle to me. They spent most of their time in water, so it is probably because this set up is unsuitable for her. Is she wild caught?

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
What are you feeding the turtle?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone my daughter's tortoise is going nuts this is new and odd behavior, she is running up and down the stairs of the pool until she flipped over, she is standing on her hind legs by the glass and looking me in the face like she wants to talk. she is tearing up the tank. she is making me nervous. she is still eating and drinking. We have had her since Hurricane Harvey; she has never done this before. Like we would forget she was here at least I would. :) My daughter is gone and I'm left tortoise sitting and I don't know what to do with a once quiet pet to a loud and out-of-control one. ( heyyy kind of reminds me of my teenage kids 😂) So are her hormones going crazy or what? Can someone help me? that picture is her in the pool where I caught her climbing over the side of the
What is the temperature inside the enclosure?

This set up is WAY too small for this box turtle, that water container is not safe, as you've already seen, and this set up is much too barren for a box turtle.

Some changes need to be made ASAP.

Be aware that FB, reddit, YT, pet stores, and other such sources are likely to give you terrible advice.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I second Toms post, sadly way too small, to bare, to dangerous. Changes asap needed.
Can you set her up outside in a shaded area that gets some sun but not all sun. With lots of plants or low bushes for coverage. She needs a pool she can swim in, a small kiddy pool with some tweaking for easy in and out can work.