Give me the apples!!!

christykindness

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fallon, NV
LOL, one of my Russians is an apple junkie! She is nuts for them obviously she only gets them once in a blue moon but that doesn't stop her from going crazy when she smells them! Today I am in the kitchen making apple pies, she is OUTSIDE in her enclosure throwing a temper fit and searching for those apples! I can't believe how good her sense of smell is! I brought her a nice salad, she walked over climbed on top and pooped. She's worse than my two year old! :D

Attachments

• 17458364_1297706360320046_8741378302571134867_n.jpg
    17458364_1297706360320046_8741378302571134867_n.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 38

Hermany'sMum

UK
I like the dirty protest!! They are characters aren't they?!
Our tortoise loves apple too. When she lived with my father in law, I offered her apple once and she wolfed it down. The next time I went over for a visit a few weeks later, she saw me from the other side of the garden and rushed over (tortoise top speed!) looking for more apple, climbing all over my feet. She'd never paid any attention to me prior to that! She did it again when we had my mother in law's wake, there were about 10 people in the garden at the time and when I went out to join them she came over and picked me out again, ignoring all the others. I was quite impressed with her memory and recognition and after that, I tried to remember to take an apple with me when I visited because I couldn't bear her disappointment when I didn't have any :)

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
LOL, one of my Russians is an apple junkie! She is nuts for them obviously she only gets them once in a blue moon but that doesn't stop her from going crazy when she smells them! Today I am in the kitchen making apple pies, she is OUTSIDE in her enclosure throwing a temper fit and searching for those apples! I can't believe how good her sense of smell is! I brought her a nice salad, she walked over climbed on top and pooped. She's worse than my two year old! :D
she is a beauty:) sparkling health:) good job:) and you made me drool, i am so baking an apple and pear pie tomorrow;)

christykindness

5 Year Member
Fallon, NV
she is a beauty:) sparkling health:) good job:) and you made me drool, i am so baking an apple and pear pie tomorrow;)
Thank you! she is the only tort I've raised from a baby, and my healthiest. That gives me comfort that I'm doing right by them! My sully was in sad shape when we rescued her, she is getting better, but I'm afraid her shell will always be a mess :( I have never made pear pie- are you willing to share that recipe? I'm a bake-a-holic!

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
Thank you! she is the only tort I've raised from a baby, and my healthiest. That gives me comfort that I'm doing right by them! My sully was in sad shape when we rescued her, she is getting better, but I'm afraid her shell will always be a mess :( I have never made pear pie- are you willing to share that recipe? I'm a bake-a-holic!
lol:) just add pears to your apple pie:)