Going on vacay!!!!

Rhea

Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
So I’m freaking out a little. I’m leaving tomorrow for a little vacay, well a week and my poor
Little Russian, Rolo is in the care of my parents for that time. She’s my everything. Well all my animals are. But the dog and cat are being boarded. They require more hands on. I can’t keep them in a crate 8 hours, when they are used to being out. Yet my tort is always in my eye. Like I literally am watching her and talking to her. I stay at home and help with my husband’s company so I keep my eye on her. I’m so worried something bad is going to happen. She’s really healthy now and I a just can’t imagine her suffering! My parents have come over 2 times to get her routine but I’m just so worried. I am more worried about her not getting the constant talking to and attention. Am I being weird? I do have other animals my parents are tending to. They are my rooster, Ninja, and the hen, Felicia, and my fat cat , Coscoe! All my animals are special but I worry about the tort more due to her requirements on husbandry. And my constant attention!!! I’m going to worry this entire time!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First your talking to her is for you not her so she will not miss it. If you have time, put the lights on a timer if they aren't. This keeps hands off of them and less chance of a screw up. Make it easy for your parents to feed and give water and then leave her alone. Less handling/messing from someone that's not used to the routine is better in my opinion. I leave mine all the time to either my son to care for a tortoise sitter friend I pay. I make it as easy as possible. Writing instructions and having them only feed and water. Everyone has fared well.