Going through my daily reads on tortoise health and have a question

Rynan

Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I've been going through white spots/ yellow fungus / bacterial infections/ pyramiding and other threads on here. I ran into several of these posts about white spots that everyone said were normal. But I'm just very curious what they are. Are these growth lines or patterns growing in?

1647638449869.png

original post from:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've been going through white spots/ yellow fungus / bacterial infections/ pyramiding and other threads on here. I ran into several of these posts about white spots that everyone said were normal. But I'm just very curious what they are. Are these growth lines or patterns growing in?

View attachment 342020

original post from:

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the posted pic, and I can't zoom in on it either.

If you are talking about the white squiggly lines: No one knows what it is. It is normal and not harmful in any way that we can see.

Rynan

Southern California
I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the posted pic, and I can't zoom in on it either.

If you are talking about the white squiggly lines: No one knows what it is. It is normal and not harmful in any way that we can see.
I see, thank you. Sorry I didn't upload it in jpg. But just a tip, holding ctrl while scrolling up on your mouse wheel will make any page bigger so will the image, scrolling down to shrink the page. You can also adjust it by Zooming in n out. But the original post linked above had more and better pictures.

I appreciate the knowledge.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I see, thank you. Sorry I didn't upload it in jpg. But just a tip, holding ctrl while scrolling up on your mouse wheel will make any page bigger so will the image, scrolling down to shrink the page. You can also adjust it by Zooming in n out. But the original post linked above had more and better pictures.

I appreciate the knowledge.
Thank you for the tip, but I use a Mac. No mouse wheel here. Know how to do it on a Mac?

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
I saw the white little spots on the scutes. They look like air bubbles...🤔 this is very interesting. I don't think I saw that on my sulcata when he was that young.

Rynan

Southern California
Thank you for the tip, but I use a Mac. No mouse wheel here. Know how to do it on a Mac?
I think options, command, and equals sign if they haven't changed it, eqyals sign or +, then options command and - to zoom out