Kaylinn

Location (City and/or State)
Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Hi there!
I’m a new red(yellow?) foot owner. I’ve had Tortilla for going on three weeks now. Thursday while soaking I noticed these white spots on their shell. I’m not sure what they are because it’s not chipped. After looking back at pictures Tortilla had them when we first got him as well. When soaking and after scrubbing you can’t really see them but when the shell dry you can see them again. While searching on here I saw that it could be something similar to a fungus so I bought hibiclens and a clotrimazole cream. After soaking Friday and yesterday I used the hibiclens and a toothbrush to scrub Tortilla’s shell then rinsed and applied the cream.

I keep Tortilla outdoors in a tortoise table so I haven’t been really worried about humidity because I live in south florida. I have a mix of repti bark and forest floor as his substrate. I don’t spray it or add any moisture. I soak him daily for 10-15 mins.

Any ideas on what these spots are?

AB6EFF95-B84E-4605-868A-5B0AC7D117F9.jpeg
0EA4EA14-F472-45D8-94CB-79FD39CDCFC0.jpeg20E9AE09-92B7-440C-B987-47C0CE3EA80F.jpeg3B59AF4A-21A0-4AAF-B18F-B65B8EA4289F.jpeg

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
This does indeed look like shell fungus. Nothing to worry about--just apply the athlete's foot cream every day for a week or two and it will clear up. It may also come back periodically, so keep an eye on it and reapply some cream if it comes back.