Goodbye, sweet boy

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Today I said goodbye to my sweet cat, Jake. He had Gi lymphoma and was basically starving to death. His original weight was 13 lb. 12 oz.. In the past couple of years he has been losing weight and today he weighed in at 6 lb. 12 oz. We let him go today. He can't suffer anymore. This one hurt.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
So sorry!!! I have a kitty with lymphoma, so I know a little of what you're going through. I dread that day when I will have to do what's right for her. Prayers and cyber hugs for you.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't have cats but I do have dogs . I have had to do what you did its the hardest thing I had to do . So sorry for your loss .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm am so sorry for your loss

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm so very sorry you had to let him go. You did the selfless thing though and what was best for him. I hope I will know when it's right for my 16 1/2 year old cat named Bennie, if he doesn't just go on his own. Again, so sorry:(

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
I'm sorry for the loss. I know how hard it can be, as much as my cat can be a pain in the butt sometimes he's so loving and cute most of the time and its so hard to have to make the decision. But from what you said about his weight he certainly wasn't having much of a life anymore. If he held a really close place in your heart you could do the cremation thing and get a little box with his pictures on it.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Kitties are special.
So very sad you had to go through this with your cat. He is in a better place now.
Sorry for your loss.

goReptiles

10 Year Member!
I'm so sorry. I've been there too. I treated my last APBT with osteosarcoma. When it came back, almost 3 years later, we tried chemo again but the cancer was stronger. Chemo fought some of it but not others. We had to make the choice after the first treatment. She was 4, almost 5. I miss her to this day. My dad and his wife even taught their toddler who she was; they have pictures of her everywhere; you can ask the baby where she is and she'll find the closest picture of her. Mia knew my stepmom was pregnant, never leaving her side and always laying her head on her belly, so they both felt they needed to teach the baby who the dog was.

Anyway, sorry for my sad story... I hope you are ok. You made the best decision for your dog.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. It's the hardest thing when we must let go of a loved pet. I still miss my old boxer girl, and it's been a year now.

May he rest in peace...