Stats for Becky & River

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
river & becky Dec 4th 006.JPGriver & becky Dec 4th 002.JPG[/size][size=medium]

OK, new photos and stats on Becky & River.

Plastron size 8/2/12 to 12/7/12 and grms.

Becky's plastron size today is 3" and she weight in at 176 grams. She is .5" larger with a gain of 84 gms since Aug 2nd of this year. Becky was one year old on 11/22/12.

River's plastron size today is 2.5" and he weight in at 114 gms. He is .4" larger with a wieght gain of 54 gms since Aug 2nd. River will be one year old 2/20/13.

Both are doing really well!

Neal, please tell me what you think.

Thanks, Claudia

Attachments

• river & becky Dec 4th 008.JPG
    river & becky Dec 4th 008.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
RE: Stats for Becky & River

Wow, they are very nice! I wish I had star tortoise's so bad! :p Keep up the good work! :) oh, and REALLY SHOULD consider breeding them in the future ;)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
CLMoss said:
[/size][size=medium]

Neal, please tell me what you think.

What do I think? I think you are doing a horrible job and you should just give up. Send them over to me and I'll see if I can fex 'em :p Kidding of course.

I really like the high yellow one! Good job.

tickle

5 Year Member
i am right down the way from you in the jersey shore how are you doing after the storm?

arotester

5 Year Member
do you keep them together,because i struggled to keep mine together so i separated them.
they look nice.Were they pyramided when you got them?
thank you for posting , i would really like to share thoughts about stars with you :)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
tickle said:
i am right down the way from you in the jersey shore how are you doing after the storm?

Still trying to recover... The bay overflowed and I got over 2 to 4 feet of water in my house, depending on what part of the house. There were fish in my backyard! All of the water was from the bay... Fresh salt water (Thank God). Interesting, the next day it was like it never happened... I am still not aware of how much damage I have. But everything will be back to normal soon, it is only money and nobody was hurt (this is what is important). This whole experience was very shocking to me. It was my worst nightmare. I knew that if indeed the surge would be 14 feet that I would lose my first floor. After it happened, in my head, I just said, "Next". The fear was over and I have to rebuild. Nothing like this has ever happened in my area. Becky & River had to be sent to my neighbors daughters house for over two weeks.

How are you doing??? I know that you were hit really bad...
~C

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Venus_0810_(2).JPGPics_for_Claudia_03_17_2012_004.JPGPics_for_Claudia_03_17_2012_011.JPG

I attached to photos of River when he was first hatched. I would have not known that he was going to turn out to be a High Yellow. And I did not know that they were considered to be more beautiful.
I believe that Neal noticed and brought it to my attention many months ago. Thank you Neal!

I also attached a photo of River's Mom "Venus." This is one of Larry G. females, and I do believe that she may hatch more high yellows.

Thanks for looking! ~C

Ansh

5 Year Member
Cambridge, UK

Your Stars are really gorgeous! You must keeping posting more pics!

There is a difference in size between Becky & River. Do you think the bigger one could be a female? My stars are about the same age but they seem to be growing at different rates. I often wonder whether the bigger one is female.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York

Ansh said:
Your Stars are really gorgeous! You must keeping posting more pics!

There is a difference in size between Becky & River. Do you think the bigger one could be a female? My stars are about the same age but they seem to be growing at different rates. I often wonder whether the bigger one is female.

Thank you Ansh! Becky (female) is a little larger; however, she is older (3 + months) than River (male). Both are over a year old at this time. I will have to take more photos and stats soon.

Thanks, C

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Hi, Took some photos of Becky and River today.

Becky's hatch date: 11-21-2011. She is 5 inches and is up to 418 grams.

River's (male) hatch date: 02-20-2012. He is 4 inches and is up to 254 grams.

I believe that they are doing really well. They both love to eat and are very active.

Thanks, Claudia

BeckyRiverJune2013.JPGBeckRivJune2013.JPGBeckRiv2013.JPG

Ansh

5 Year Member
Cambridge, UK
The difference in weight between them is a lot more than previously. Becky definitely seems to be the girl. My Stars are growing more or less at the same rate and so far can't tell which ones male and which ones female.

Once again, both look gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies.