Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, New York
River.JPGRiverAndBecky.JPGBecky and River.JPG

Hi,

I went to vist Larry G. today to pick up my little River!

River's hatch date was 2/20/12 and Becky's hatch date was 11/22/11. Note the size difference. Becky is only three months older than River. I think that he will be a lighter SL Star.

Thanks, Claudia

Last edited by a moderator:

Akronic

5 Year Member
may i ask where you got them from and how much? nice torts, are they a pair, do you know?

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Akronic said:
may i ask where you got them from and how much? nice torts, are they a pair, do you know?

I got both Becky and River from a SL Star breeder here in New York. I know the mother of each Star; however, we do not know who the father is... I am not planning to breed the Stars. Also, I have time before they reach sexual maturity. I just want to enjoy them as pets. Regarding price, you would have to reach out to Larry for a quote. My quote was for two Stars and he may have given me a better price than for one. I don't know... You can email me for more information about the breeder. ~C

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I like those light arms.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
moveover.JPGMove over! Pushy little male! He is after Becky's spot... He does not realize that there is another one on the other side of the tank that is the same as Beckys. Funny!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dagashi

5 Year Member
awwww..... congrats on your new babies!!! they will give you countless hours of fun! hehehe

I wasn't aware that under 75gms should be kept with paper towels! interesting! My babies just reached 75 recently after bulking them up with mazuri every other day. but we used orchid bark as substrate. I hope they'll be okay.

btw. what's the red marks for?

and my stars fight for the corner space as well! I only just started keeping them 2 months ago but I found they like to burrow in corners.

just wait till they climb over each other and sleep on top of each other. It's adorable! (make sure you catch pics!)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
I just can't believe how cute they are! I was a bit worried when I first got Becky regarding how young she was. But she is doing so well! She recently had a growth spurt of 8 grams in 10 days! She loves to eat! About the paper towels, this is what Larry G. explained to me and is on his culture sheet. I wet it down with water in the morning and he fells that it provides them with good footing. I guess that it is cleaner for them when they are such young hatchlings. Regarding the mazuri... I only give Becky maybe one moist cube a week as a treat. Most of her diet is green leafy organic stuff with her vits everyday. The red marks on both hatchlings is to id them. The one on Becky (larger female) in to id who the mother was and I believe her sex. With River I guess the same. The fighting for the one corner started right away. Today I saw River (the little male) try to give Becky a nip on her nose and then try to get her arm... I am not sure if this is something that I should be concerned about???

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So cute and I love the name River. Your one lucky duck!

Status
Not open for further replies.