Grace and Abbs new enclosure

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Wow, it nice and 'airy' Little far away, but I think that soil looks a little dry?? If you pick it up and squeeze it, it shouldn't drip, but if it doesn't hold a form and just falls of your hand, it is too dry.
Do you know if they are both girls? The one looks bigger than the other :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The enclosure looks nice, except, it is way too small for two Russians, even one Russian and Russians or any tort really should not be kept in pairs. So, keep a close eye out for bullying or if they are 1-1 (1-Male, 1-Female)then too much breeding and pestering of the female. Eventually they will most likely need to be in their own enclosure. Do they also have an outdoor enclosure? Russians are small, but cover a lot of ground in the wild, this is why they need a big enclosure to be happy and thrive. If this is their night time only enclosure, then it will do, until they need to be separated.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Maybe make a second story on it so that there is more room. Also Russians climb like crazy, I swear mine can walk straight up the wall :) so there may be some areas where they could escape. There are some pretty nice double Dekker enclosure pictures on this forum that may work just great. I like all the "furniture" And I know it is disappointing to hear that two Russians do not work together, I almost got two also. But if you give them enough room it may work.