Graphic photos , what kind of ******* would do this

smarch

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Oh my god! I've been skipping over Sulcata's recently... I feel so bad for that tortoise. No one should EVER have to suffer like that.
A good way to put this would be, would that owner be okay if this was done to him? No. And he wouldn't want it to, either.
This is awful :(
EDIT': PS, dmmj, sorry, I read your post after, but you have to admit that whoever did this wouldn't want it to happen to them!
I think he was talking more about specific threats. The way I saw what you said was kind of like an interpretation of the golden rule "Do unto others as you want them to do unto you" (or whatever wording of it you prefer) You didn't say that should happen to the person just that they wouldn't like it.
I end up feeling less angry at the initial owner because they did end up turning her in when its true so much worse could happen. I wouldn't even call them cowardly honestly, because it certainly wasn't cowardly to go in with her when they knew she was in bad bad shape, could have just been left at the door, could have just been dumped. I'm not defending the person, and in all reality none of it even matters anymore now that's Miss Miracle is in a home and healed up.

Prairie Mom

Hi Guys,
I'm bringing attention to this older thread again just because I have been following "Lucky" on Facebook ever since @russian/sulcata/tortoise first posted a link to the page. https://www.facebook.com/operationsavelucky?ref=profile

I just wanted to let you know that there are many newer photos and videos of this sulcata "Lucky" that are really wonderful. She has obviously been adopted by a loving family and the flood of new photos and short video clips are very heartwarming :) It's worth taking a peak at the facebook page!

Blue-az

5 Year Member
Lucky is a cute little guy. Looks like he has a lot of personality too. It's a shame that someone would abuse him like that but he seems to have a very loving family now. Good for him!