Grass is Greener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelli

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Antigua West Indies
So once your tortoise has escaped and he/she realizes the grass really isnt' greener after all... do they still keep trying to escape?
Jaba escaped today, I thought she might she was being really mischievious this morning as it was...
It's not a big deal for her as she is on our balcony which has 3.5 foot solid walls all around and I have 1/4 sectioned off as hers.. so she just escaped into the other part where there is nothing.. no hides, no food, no water, no rocks to climb on, no bubbles to play in, no nommi plants... etc etc.. lol.... she was under the clothes horse (boring)....

dolfanjack

5 Year Member
Dallas Oregon
thats normal behavior, And yes she will continue to try to escape (nothing better to do). :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Unfortunately, once they escape once it usually motivates them to try more and harder after that. I'm going through a bit of that right now with a new girl.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I used to have Dudley's yard divided into three parts, but he was so industrious about knocking down the separating fences, that I eventually just took them down.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Az tortoise compound said:
Tom said:
I'm going through a bit of that right now with a new girl.

I think we are talking about tortoises not your date Tom. Ha! Ha!

... well, it applies either way... "HEY! Come back here!!!"...

Shelli

5 Year Member
Antigua West Indies
Tom said:
Az tortoise compound said:
Tom said:
I'm going through a bit of that right now with a new girl.

I think we are talking about tortoises not your date Tom. Ha! Ha!

... well, it applies either way... "HEY! Come back here!!!"...

Oh my ... lol....

Well it looks like it's breeze blocks in Jaba's future (tomorrow), I have them but didn't use them as I didnt' think she would climb the nicer looking barrier I have..

But you guys were right this morning she had tried and flipped, then I sat and watched her and she's just going up and down and trying getting her legs up and looking over the top...

She's sooo friggin cute when you see her little head pop over the top though and you can just see her shell walking back and forth.. lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.