grasses for baby

ISU

Location (City and/or State)
South Korea
I grow wheat, oats, and barley. My leopard eats them, but she seems to prefer veges.

I mix mulberry leaves and timothy powder with veges. And now I've added chopped wheat grass.

Is it right to feed her like this because she is a baby? I gave her grasses instead of dandelions and other vegetables, and she ate them but seemed to have lost interest quickly. So I use this way.

Let me know if there's a better way. Thank you always.

20200501_141625.jpg

ISU

South Korea
The problem is, she eats 4 - 5 times a day. At first, eat grass pieces together, but over time they lose moisture, and they separate from veges

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I usually go outside and grab a handful of grass and cut it off with the scissors, take it in and wash it, then cut it into small bite-sized pieces and mix it in with the chopped greens. Because the greens are moist, the grass sticks to the greens. I've never had a problem with the babies not eating the grass.

ISU

South Korea
I usually go outside and grab a handful of grass and cut it off with the scissors, take it in and wash it, then cut it into small bite-sized pieces and mix it in with the chopped greens. Because the greens are moist, the grass sticks to the greens. I've never had a problem with the babies not eating the grass.
Thank you for your reply.Can I ask you for a picture later when you feed them?
I wonder how fine you cut it. I used the same way as you, but after 3 or 4 hours, the greens and grass were separated,and she only ate greens.

ISU

South Korea
Today, I chopped the greens into smaller pieces than usual. How long do you keep them there? Do I have to changr them over time, or do I use spray? Now I feed it in the morning and remove in the evening.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Regular leopards are not that into grass usually. Hybrids sometime are and sometimes aren't. I wouldn't worry too much either way. If your tortoise likes the grass, feed it to her. If she doesn't and avoids it, you can feed other things instead. Sometimes we need them to eat grass to add fiber to grocery store greens. In that case, I do what Yvonne said and cu it up super fine and mix it in.

Reactions: ISU

ISU

South Korea
Regular leopards are not that into grass usually. Hybrids sometime are and sometimes aren't. I wouldn't worry too much either way. If your tortoise likes the grass, feed it to her. If she doesn't and avoids it, you can feed other things instead. Sometimes we need them to eat grass to add fiber to grocery store greens. In that case, I do what Yvonne said and cu it up super fine and mix it in.
Thanks for ur reply

She and I both had a hard time because of her poop problem.I used medicine for protozoa, parasites, and germs and confirmed they were gone, but her digestive function still seemed weak

I try to give her more diverse greens with advice here, and grow and feed grass by myself. Now she eats well and doesn't lose weight. But I don't think the poop is completely normal. I'll keep this up as you and Yvonne's advise.