grasses/weeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
Now that's it's into spring I'm finding more and more weeds/grasses around the neighborhood. If I take pictures of them (how they are grown, close ups, etc) would someone be able to tell me what they are and if they are edible choices for a sully?

One of the main reasons I ask is that last summer (I think) there was clover growing in my backyard. But I got very concerned when someone said that type of clover and "oxcilate" look similar (I know I'm not spelling it correctly....it looks like clover with a little yellow flower in the center...just like the clover but I think the leaf is diffrent). Anyway, A LOT of that is growing in the field near our house. I was going to grab some for Ralph but wasn't sure if it's edible.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DAC8671 said:
Now that's it's into spring I'm finding more and more weeds/grasses around the neighborhood. If I take pictures of them (how they are grown, close ups, etc) would someone be able to tell me what they are and if they are edible choices for a sully?

One of the main reasons I ask is that last summer (I think) there was clover growing in my backyard. But I got very concerned when someone said that type of clover and "oxcilate" look similar (I know I'm not spelling it correctly....it looks like clover with a little yellow flower in the center...just like the clover but I think the leaf is diffrent). Anyway, A LOT of that is growing in the field near our house. I was going to grab some for Ralph but wasn't sure if it's edible.

Yes! Post pics in the "Plant Identification" section of the food and Diet section.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
More than likely, it's Oxalis. Clover has either red, pink or white blossoms that look like fuzzy round balls. Oxalis's yellow flowers are tiny daisy-like flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.