Status
Not open for further replies.

mary t

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland, florida
One

View attachment 17469

yards weeds is another's buffet! We spent 45 minutes walking in circles eating every clover in sight. I though Willie was going to explode... I though well I'll just wait here till you are done, let's just say the clover in this area ran out first. Good thing we have more...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
LOL, they never fill up. I wish my clover and weeds were growing now.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
It was warm enuf to take the girls out today and they ate and ate and ate and...

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
I have boxies...not torts....however I saw a whole field of "sourgrass" and some other purple flowers...it was pretty...they would love to romp and chomp thru it i bet

dustee35

10 Year Member!
I can't wait to see green again that I don't have to cut up so the sullies can eat it. Right now elsie(my cow with a shell) is sitting under my feet contently chomping on a zeuchinni while the dog waits for the scraps. Hurry up spring!!! Deanna :D

Moose

5 Year Member
Texas
On the subject of weeds and grasses from the yard... Are there any known / Obvious varieties of plants that should be watched for or prevented from growing in my Sulcatas enclosure that are poisoness? I live in North Texas if any natives have specific experience... Thanks!

laurencamile

5 Year Member
Florida Panhandle
How do you know what weeds are bad for them? I live in the panhandle of FL, I like to let my Sulcata graze in the yard but I dont want her to eat anything that will make her sick.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Camile:

Chances are if your tortoise takes a bite of something that he shouldn't, he won't take another bite. They seem to know what to not eat.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
emysemys said:
Hi Camile:

Chances are if your tortoise takes a bite of something that he shouldn't, he won't take another bite. They seem to know what to not eat.

I agree here completely, their instincts kick in and they know what will hurt them for the most part. Also just to comment my torts keep the weeds down on 2 acres. That just shows how much they can put away!

Status
Not open for further replies.