This is our little one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooingTricycle

5 Year Member
rMrKJ.jpg

Heres just a quick summary so far.

We have Him/Her * we are going with "she" until old enough ;)* set up with a powersun MVB (100 watt) a waterbowl that she can climb out of/not drown in ;) on cypress/coco mix that is about three to four inches thick. I bought a nice plastic hide box she will be able to fit into for quite awhile that shes already using as her den at night/sleeping. Shes got a half log hide as well.

hot spot reaches about 95-98 immediately under the lamp ( which i have set up about 16 inches from the substrate) checked with my temp gun and outlying areas go no lower than 78-80.

I chose to get the Olivias organic spring mix ( im removing most of the spinach though) to initially make sure she was eating, and will be adding in a bunch of grasses/weeds and some of the orchard hay mixed to make the transition to higher fiber foods/better quality. She is not hesitating to chow down so i dont think that will be hard to do!

soaked her on some of the ride home to make sure she was hydrated, and soaked her this AM as you can see in the pic. Already lightening up and being less afraid when we check her out!

Already in love with her and am excited to watch her grow!

Attachments

• image-2725788734.png
    image-2725788734.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 24

RonHays

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oxford, Ms
Very cute :) and it sounds like you're on the right track with the husbandry.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Very good looking tortoise you have there. Sounds like you have done some research and are well prepared. Looking forward to many updates.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Cutie pie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.