Grassing time and dinner when the rainfall

Status
Not open for further replies.

filbertjonathan

5 Year Member
One of my sulcata and my leopard really like grass.
Especially for this leoprad he doesn't want to eat vegetable at all. Just grass, but i know it is good for him.

image-2144806407.png

image-2768303808.png

And below are two pics the way i feed them when the rainfall

image-1152067529.png

image-3924807937.png

One of my emys

image-2219422268.png

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Filbert, I think you should try to make your leopard eating other variety of food. Even in the wild, I don't think they only grazing all time on 1 type of grass. I just worry lack of calcium and vitamin when he only grazing because somewhere I read an article saying that the torts habitat in africa has higher content of calcium in the land.. There must be some other things he enjoy eating and we can grow a lot of tortoise food in our country. Hibiscus, mulberry, grape, opuntia, plaintain, red apple aptenia, bermuda grass are what I grow here. Oh and I also grow the same Axonopus compressus on my lawn as you, but I also feed them bermuda, timothy hay and Pennisetum purpureum (rumput gajah - the original and big one in our language)

I have a thought that maybe your leopard won't eat other things because he doesn't like his enclosure. The same thing happens to my radiata for sometime he just stopped eating all food in the enclosure until I figure it out when I set him lose on the lawn and he directly ate the grass there. It turned out mine is not happy with the lighting condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.