Gravid leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Hi one of my other females is gravid she tried looking for a nesting site about a month ago and nothing since is there anything I can do to get her to start looking again or help her lay this will be her 2nd clutch her first clutch she laid 29 eggs!! But just dropped them randomly everywhere

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
I'll tell you, my female yellowfoot started nesting a month and a half ago (June 1st) and just finally dropped them today! I was starting to get worried because she kept digging test hole after test hole and no eggs! My advice to you is She will lay them when she is ready. The first time my sulcata laid eggs she just laid them wherever but her second time around she dug so just be patient. She will either dig (hopefully) or just drop them. I read that leopard tortoises can dig even in the hardest of dirt (because they will pee on the dirt to soften it up). I'm assuming she's outside...?

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Hi yes she is a big girl she is still growing and weighing in at just over 6kg at the moment, I was shocked at such a number for a first clutch!!! I doubt I will get the same this time?? Yes she has trees, dirt she likes to dig in her night time housing at the moment she is outside during the day and walks into her indoor housing at night she just has shown no signs of looking since we had 3 days of her constantly climbing trying to escape which she can't lol and sniffing but nothing since
The 2 in the picture are 2 females the one on top laid her eggs last week they both measure plastron length approx 12" but she is about 1 1/2 feet long including top shell these are my 2 big girls my male is bigger and my little lady is only 10" plastron hopefully she will lay soon??

image-1133362369.png

princessdreamsxxx

5 Year Member
Trying again lol

image-2093865484.png

princessdreamsxxx said:
Trying again lol

Ok I will take some more today and re try

I have managed to upload the pic to my profile and will take some more today

I have managed to get the pic in my profile picture lol I will take more today

I have managed to get it in my profile pic

Eweezyfosheezy