Greek Tortoise just laying around

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachleigh1

5 Year Member

So I recently got a Yellow Greek and I find it to be very lethargic and kind of scared where as with his partner, he is all over the place and wants to be pet and so forth. I also have noticed I hear his breathing, it kind of sounds raspy and sometimes it is the hissy sound when he is scared but even when he is just sitting in my hand, I hear the raspy sound. Nostrils are clear, and there are no bubbles. Anyone have this same problem??

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
No bubbles or open mouth breathing means he is just breathing, and are the 2 housed together.?

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
What kind of substrate are ya using? Have you given it a nice warm soak? What is the size/age? Just trying to get some info to know what the situation is.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi rachleigh1:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

rachleigh1

5 Year Member
My name is rachel im from the chicago area. I have three yellow greek tortoises together in a 150. There is a warm side of 93 to 95 and a cool side of 76 to 83. I got them from chicago reptile house. I have plans going for a indoor inclosure my bf is building to house our ball pythons and tortoises separately of course. They dont have any bubbles or secretions coming from there nose or mouth. And their breathing isnt labored in anyway. One is just lazy, and he has a raspy sound when he breaths sometimes. I was reading online that it could be a response to being scared. They are about 4 to 5 inches from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail and i am not sure on age. We have sulcatas as well

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
sounds like he is the newest one, and you are sure the other ones are not harassing him? or could he just be settling in, getting used to the surroundings, and otherwise eating, etc.?
I suspect more information about the sexes and size of the 3 torts would be helpful, and at least one pic of the enclosure for the experts on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.