Greek Tortoise Size For Age

Mr. Tortle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
I bought my little guy about 3 years ago. It was around Christmas. He was a spring hatchling and I have been devotedly taking care of Petey since by changing his water everyday,feeding him every other, and making sure he's happy. I just have one question which I am not educated enough on. What size should he be for his Age?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There is no one size fits every age for tortoises. You can use the formula in this thread if you want:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/tortoise-weight-formula-tbmi.38420/

I would be feeding my tortoise daily, all he can eat. I put down enough food to last all day long. If it is eaten before the end of the day, I know I didn't give him enough. So the next day I'll put down more.

As much food has he can eat, the correct temperatures, UVB, plenty of room for exercise and a little humidity. Provide all this and you will have a healthy tortoise, no matter what his size.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I bought my little guy about 3 years ago. It was around Christmas. He was a spring hatchling and I have been devotedly taking care of Petey since by changing his water everyday,feeding him every other, and making sure he's happy. I just have one question which I am not educated enough on. What size should he be for his Age?
A very warm welcome to the forum!

Reading different threads and care sheets will definitely help you. Good luck to you ad your tort; and do not hesitate to ask any question if in doubt.