Greek Tortoise Sneezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Island Greek

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island New York
Hello My name is Kevin Regan and I have a Greek Tortoise named Oogway. About one week ago I noticed Oogway wheezing and then later I witnessed him sneeze multiple times in succession. Over the following two days after I paid closer attention and discovered that he would have these sneezing fits right after being awoken; however after 5 minutes they would subside, he would then show signs of energy and what I mean by this is he would climb and try to escape his enclosure, he would eat, and then after a while longer he would go back to sleep. I joined Tortoise forum and read that Greek tortoise like Oogway suffer from Upper Respiratory Infections and if not dealt with could be fatal. After reading all I could on the topic I went out bought him an additional infrared heat lamp, have been bathing him daily and been spraying his shell and enclosure to keep the moisture up. Since I have made these changes I have not seen him sneeze as much if any at all and I am wondering If these Changes could have helped him recover or am I in denile? Also any additional advice or If anyone could ID my specific subspecies I would appreciate it, Thank you

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Greek-Tortoise-Sneezing#ixzz26l8K5Xlk

Status
Not open for further replies.