Greek Tortoise Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

myfriendclaire

5 Year Member
Hello All!

I have 2 greek tortoises and I was wondering what everyone with greeks use as substrate. I usually use aspen but I was wondering if there was something else I could try. I have tried the eco earth or coconut fiber and they hated it. It was always in their eyes and given the choice they would not even walk on it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

gtiljen

5 Year Member
Lowes hardware, cypress mulch in a huge bag goes for about 50 bucks or less sounds perfect :). Always try lowes first, petsmart and petco charge out the tail for the stuff. Alot of things they sale substrate wise you can find the same company selling it at lowes just in diff bag but made by same company for cheaper. Try to rip you off by making you thinking it's "special".

myfriendclaire said:
Hello All!

I have 2 greek tortoises and I was wondering what everyone with greeks use as substrate. I usually use aspen but I was wondering if there was something else I could try. I have tried the eco earth or coconut fiber and they hated it. It was always in their eyes and given the choice they would not even walk on it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

gtiljen

5 Year Member
i meant 5 bucks lol

Sent from my C5170 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.