Greek Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitmanff

5 Year Member
My Greek tortoise has been barely moving lately, he eats and I have been soaking him. However, I have been running the AC more lately since it is so hot, but all his temps in his cage are good. Do you think he may be sick? Or he is slowing down, because his body is telling him it is winter time? I would love advice! I am really worried!

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
waitmanff said:
My Greek tortoise has been barely moving lately, he eats and I have been soaking him. However, I have been running the AC more lately since it is so hot, but all his temps in his cage are good. Do you think he may be sick? Or he is slowing down, because his body is telling him it is winter time? I would love advice! I am really worried!

Can you give us more information? Pictures? Temps? Winter?? Where are you located? Is he getting drafts from the AC?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
It sounds like the temperatures are affected by the AC.

You need to accurately measure the 4 important ones: warm side, cool side, basking and overnight minimum. A temperature gun is the best way of doing this accurately; you can get one reasonably cheaply from Amazon.

Vitality

5 Year Member
I got one for 15$ well worth getting instead of those bimetallic temperature thermometers.

Try taking him outside in a safe environment and see if he is more responsive. If hes active then its not his health. Recheck ur temps

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Air conditioners also reduce humidity in addition to cooling and circulating the air. You may need to make your enclosure more air tight to raise you humidity and reduce drafts.

What is your humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.