Green spot on head??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Montana
My little Alice seems to have developed a green spot on her head. I noticed it this evening after her soak. Can anyone tell me what this may be?? I hope its nothing serious!! :(

20130326_175351-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not seeing it in the pic. Is it a piece of poo or detritus from the soak water? Get a soft toothbrush or a Q-tip and run some warm water over her head and see if it will come off.

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Montana
Re: RE: Green spot on head??

Tom said:
Not seeing it in the pic. Is it a piece of poo or detritus from the soak water? Get a soft toothbrush or a Q-tip and run some warm water over her head and see if it will come off.

The spot is a dark green color on the top part of her head, towards the right. I tried rubbing it off with my finger right after her soak, while she was still wet. Didn't seem to want to come off. I'll try using a q-tip in the morning, and see if i can get a better picture.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoiseForum1364462678.058845.jpg
I zoomed in and was able to see it but I'm not sure what it is :(

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Montana
Ok, so I used a q-tip during her soak this evening. . . Turns out it was just a piece of dried up greens!! I was all worried thinking her head was molding or something (not sure if that can even happen). Relieved, but feeling a little silly! Lol. :shy:

Anyway, this is what it looked like:
20130328_185236.jpg

akp022

5 Year Member
ElizabethJane said:
Ok, so I used a q-tip during her soak this evening. . . Turns out it was just a piece of dried up greens!! I was all worried thinking her head was molding or something (not sure if that can even happen). Relieved, but feeling a little silly! Lol. :shy:

Lol my little guy had a piece of dried up pepper on the top of his head the other day (at first I was a bit worried that it might be something else because it was really stuck on there) but it finally came off...after a bit of water and a lot of hissing and hiding on Aggie's part!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Haha! So glad it wasnt a case of moldy head!

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Montana
akp022 said:
ElizabethJane said:

Lol my little guy had a piece of dried up pepper on the top of his head the other day (at first I was a bit worried that it might be something else because it was really stuck on there) but it finally came off...after a bit of water and a lot of hissing and hiding on Aggie's part!

Lol! Alice just let me rub the q-tip around on her head! I think she may have enjoyed it, didn't try hiding or anything. I have yet to hear a tortoise hiss, do they all do it?

kanalomele said:
Haha! So glad it wasnt a case of moldy head!

Hahaha! I know right!

Status
Not open for further replies.