Greetings from Central Florida

Nelocin

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
CDCE30B8-9DF5-4FF7-82B2-93E4B6C2EBC6.jpeg
(pic one)
Taking advantage of what’s left of the day light and the fact that I left work two hours early today. It’s been a while since I’ve let them out to graze... because Baby, it’s been cold outside.

>>>>> These babies stay inside all day, every day in a grow tent -in my room. And everyone’s involved. <<<<<

E209144E-AAC1-40DD-B7AA-88C390AF6CDC.jpeg
(pic two)
I got ‘baby Monroe,’ Aug. 31, 2020. This was the very first picture I took after purchasing her. I ‘quarantined’ her and Bleu both for a whole month in the same tent with two plastic containers that physically separated and created a border for the safety of both. Each had their own fixings, lighting, water, etc.

Monroe has so much life!!!! ?
She has so much energy and she was always the first one up every morning the lady breeder told me.

I love her.
She’s the very opposite of Bleu.
?

My ‘Bleu Guy’ has been with me going on two years and started to pyramid a few months back. That broke my damn heart.
And I immediately came on here and asked for help. Then I was sold on a grow tent idea for much better humidity.

I have a second grow tent in a box for Monroe and plan to separate them very soon because I believe they’ve bonded enough.

And the words ‘bonded’ and ‘enough’ are to be defined differently by everyone.

They’re still very much their own tortoises and I like to believe they do share and have gotten close enough to sleep right beside one another. That’s enough for me.

Because I was mostly worried about Guy who had been alone with me for over a year. She had never been alone and was with all her other siblings when I got her. She’s such an independent little tortoise.

Anyways, it was a successful introduction.
And I’ve since added two other hide options. Because let’s be honest. Even I need to be in the other room sometimes. It works.

They each sleep in their own hides and share a habitat. It’s a happy growing family.

Merry Christmas to you guise.
???

-Nicole

Attachments

• E3D6B3AA-7F42-4D19-812A-64335560AE8D.jpeg
    E3D6B3AA-7F42-4D19-812A-64335560AE8D.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3